CompuMatter’s roots go a long way back to Microsoft’s early days with DOS. Before hard drives existed and everything lived on floppy disks. In fact before that when data was stored on cassette tapes. So we know Windows from the bottom up.
CompuMatter services all operating systems. This includes Windows, Apple, Android and Linux.
Having said that, the vast majority of the worlds computers are using Microsoft Windows and CompuMatter certainly has the expertise in this area to solve the problems that come up on Windows Laptops, Desktops, Tablets, All-In-One’s and Phones.
The types of problems you may run into can be separated into two main area. Hardware or Software.
Common Software Problems:
- Viruses – Viruses can come in many forms. Form fair innocuous ones severe and scary ones. We’ve dealt with all of them. From the ‘Microsoft Indians’ who claim to be from Microsoft and want to take control of your computer to the data encryption (very bad) that encrypt your data and hold it for a ransom. If you have a virus, CompuMatter is the place to take it.
- Slowness of your computer – can come from a variety of sources. It can of course be from having too many programs running in the background and taking up resources. It can also be from running low on hard drive space or from virus or malware. The vast majority of slowness issues can be resolved with a System Cleanup at CompuMatter. In some cases you may have an actual defective piece of hardware such as a faulty hard drive causing your issue. In either case, we’ll be able to make that determination and give you the expert advice you need to make and informed decision.
- Upgrades gone bad – Over the decades we seen a common theme when it comes to upgrades. There’s simply too many variables to predict how an upgrade is going to behave with the zillions of different programs, printers and computers much less the way the actual humans use them. As a result, major upgrades such as Windows 95 to 98, 98 to Millennium, XP to Vista, Windows 7 to 8 and 8.1 to 10. In each of those instances, there was fallout. If you’ve been around as long as we have you expect 10% of these ugprades to result in problems of some kind. CompuMatter is a vortex for these kinds of issues and as a result are well equipped to advise you on your options and fixes available for them.
- Internet connectivity problems – Network issues come in many forms. Wireless and wired. The reasons can be many fold. Wireless problems can result from the transmitting router being flawed, the computer or tablets receiving wireless card is weak, there are password and login issues, or perhaps their is a problem with being just beyond of strong signal range. Both wired and wireless connections can suffer from existing unseen virus or malware and in many cases the anti-virus software that is supposed to protect you is the reason your Internet is failing. As you can tell, we are no strangers to these issues and many more. Some Internet issues can be cured by bringing your computer to our store. However, if it’s a wireless printer problem, that has to be corrected at your location. In either case, give us a call and we’ll sort it out.
- Data recovery or transfers – Data is one of those things you simply cannot replace. When it’s gone, it’s gone. Sometimes you need help getting your data off a computer before you sell it or dispose of it. Sometimes a hard drive is going bad or has gone bad and you need sound advice on what your options are. There are many levels of data recovery. We are experts at those involving software to recover your data which is the most common solution. This is done using a combination of Windows data recovery programs, Linux data recovery programs and also drive cloning machines we possess. If you require hard drive dis-assembly we can also advise you further on your options.
Common Hardware Problems:
- Laptops – laptop hinge replacement, laptop and tablet display replacement, keyboard replacement, hard drive replacement, upgraded memory, replacement of DVD drives, soldering or replacement of DC power plugs, liquid spill recoveries, laptop and tablet drop (impact) recovery, touch pad replacement, wireless card replacement, body panels replaced and painting.
- Desktops – power supply replacement, hard drive replacement, adding secondary drives, DVD drive replacement or upgrades, power button repairs, motherboard, memory and or CPU upgrades, video card, wireless card and other common card upgrades.
Seattle Boat Show vendor - Capt'n Tom Griffin was pleased enough with our work that he took the time to thank us while he was on task in the vendors booth.
Thank You Tom - We're glad that your glad ! .-.
Animals Recommend CompuMatter.-.
No company, not even the really big ones, can have developers on staff that meet every possible need of website development ~Yet, clients need that from us. This is how we fill in those gaps when they occur. .-.
CompuMatter Business Servers - remote Quickbooks demo ~ This tutorial explains to owners of or CompuMatter Small Business Servers how bookkeepers or themselves can easily remotely access their Quickbooks software without having to pay 3rd party helper programs like Teamviewer and Logmein. .-.
Apple and Linux - More in common than you might think ~ Here we log into the terminal environment of both and highlight the keywords that apply to both. A sure sign of their common ancestry. .-.
A little pre-production video humor ~ A humerous but insightful look around as technicians Douglas and Jason prepare for their product video demonstrations.-.
Killer Whale / Orca Animation ~ CompuMatter demonstrates incorporating Animal Movements / Animation into a presentation!-.
Demonstrating the power of Video Emails.
Can you imagine as a client how much more respect you'd have for the service company that replies to your email in this fashion. This is an actual example of my follow up to a website client. .-.
Owner of CompuMatter, Jay Lepore explains why it's so important for a computer store to cover as wide an area of problem solving as possible and his commitment to doing just that..-.
Welcome to the Worlds Best Laptop - all technicians at CompuMatter are in agreement on this. We carry a line of off lease refurbished ThinkPads that are in perfection condition at far less than new prices - and with 1 year warranties ! .-.